The Georgia Tech Master of Biomedical Innovation and Development (MBID) offers current and aspiring biomedical technology professionals two outstanding career-building components in one tightly focused program:
Collaborative academic instruction in biomedical technology from two top-ranked institutions in engineering and medicine; and
Practical, hands-on clinical experience in Atlanta’s thriving biomedical industry.
Graduates of this intensive one-year professional master’s program will be exceptionally well prepared to pursue and advance their careers in the dynamic field of biomedical engineering devices and technology. Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will receive a “Master of Biomedical Innovation and Development” (MBID) degree from The Georgia Institute of Technology.
The new Georgia Tech MBID specifically addresses a gap in current professional biomedical education: the crucial “bench-to-bedside” progression that transforms biomedical research into practical, usable techniques and products for improving patient care. In this unique program, Georgia Tech MBID graduate students will study with experts in clinical practice, engineering design and development, best-practices manufacturing, financial planning, and commercialization, as well as guest lecturers from the diverse healthcare industry.
The MBID master’s program is a full-time, one-year residential program that is completed in three sequential semesters over 12 months. Candidates enroll in the fall semester and take four courses (fall & spring semester) and three courses (summer semester). At this time there are no evening or distance-learning options for the MBID program. Students must be enrolled full-time in the MBID program to register for MBID courses.
Why a MBID Professional Degree?
The Georgia Tech MBID professional master’s degree provides a future-oriented platform of specialized expertise in an evolving field. With an emphasis on cross-disciplinary coursework and relevant clinical experience, this program fills a distinct market demand for innovative, broadly educated professionals at the intersection of biomedical device engineering, healthcare, and business development.
MBID at a Glance
The students of this program are trained on the processes involved in life cycle medical device development to enable global product launches.
- Focus on real world industry practice.
- In-depth exposure to the roles, linkages and workings of all medical device industry functions.
- Incorporation of state-of-the-art product development practices within the the medical device industry using team-based project activities and deliverables.
Value to Industry
- Well-rounded and trained candidates who are familiar with all aspects of medical device product development from concept through commercialization.
- Shortened “learning curve” for candidates to “hit the ground running.”
- Well trained candidates for taking on project leadership roles for high priority cross-functional teams and projects.
Start building your career today!
Learn more about our program.